Saturday, July 31, 2010

blob of events

Okay.  It's time for an update, finally.

Day 33:
I can barely remember what happened this day.  Work.  Lunch.  Did..something.  I had my telebears appointment at 7:30pm.  I'm super excited for my last year at Berkeley.. plus my schedule tells me I have Fridays off and perhaps Wednesdays too!  Made bomb quesadillas and went to Montjuic to meet up for another outdoor film.  They played "Waltz with Bashir", an Israeli film about the Lebanon War in the 80's.  Despite my failure to really understand the film (it was in Hebrew with Spanish subtitles), I enjoyed the animation and soundtrack.

Day 34:
Day 34: Chinese food and absinthe
Got off work, siesta-ed, headed to the beach near Poble Nou with a few friends.  So much more quiet, no annoying vendors, mysteriously sparkly water.  I liked.  Freshened up at Cherilyn's place, then headed to...*drumroll* WOK TO WALK.  I was so excited.  My first "Chinese" meal in over a month!  Yeah, it costed €9-10, but the servings were huge, an Asian guy cooked it, and... it just felt good.  My tummy was happy.
Day 34: Chinese food and absinthe
Later that evening we sipped on absinthe (illegal in the US) in the oldest bar in Barcelona.. or Spain (forgetting now..).  Not my favorite drink at all, but Hemingway used to sip on absinthe there too.  'Cause that made it so much cooler.

Day 35:
Day 34: Exploring Port Fòrum Day 34: Exploring Port Fòrum Day 34: Exploring Port Fòrum
Day 34: Exploring Port Fòrum Day 34: Exploring Port Fòrum Day 34: Exploring Port Fòrum
Day 34: Exploring Port Fòrum Day 34: Exploring Port Fòrum Day 34: Exploring Port Fòrum
Another adventure seeking contemporary architecture in Barcelona
Also saw a completely naked man strapped in a motorized wheelchair.  Find him in my photos!

Later a bunch of people ended up at Opium Mar, one of the *classiest* clubs in Barcelona.  It's totally overrated and the bouncers somehow think they're privileged.  But.. Armin van Buuren was playing.  So, obviously, I was there.
Day 35: Armin van Buuren at Opium Mar 
One of many photos I have of him..I am a creeper.

It was a successful night.  Front row, a thumbs-up and a "everything ok?" from him during the show *swoon*, captured on his iphone video, and an autographed ticket.  Oh, and really good music of course.  Will post a few videos sometime.


-edit-
Wow I wrote this a few days ago and I just never had time to finish the update.  I just feel like posting this now so you all have something to read while I take a short hiatus!  Tonight is my last night in Barcy and I'm basically not sleeping due to overload of things left to do here.  Anyway, I have to update about the past week but it doesn't look like it will happen for a long time :(.  Tomorrow, Cherilyn, Stella and I will be in Granada.  After that, Sevilla, Madrid, Paris, London, and Cambridge.  It's going to be CRAZY.  But we'll work hard to make this go right (despite our horrible luck thus far..)!!

Wish us luck!

1 comment: