Saturday, July 3, 2010

minim

I also wanted to post up pictures of the interior design / architecture studio that I've been interning at - just so you all can have an idea of what I do every week day :)

01
Day 14: More Minim
Here's the front entrance to the company's furniture/design store.  It's called Minim.  The offices are upstairs (where I work - you enter through that gate on the left).  It's a really unique space, and I kind of wish I spent more time in there.

02
Day 14: More Minim

Old school elevator that takes me to the third floor offices!

03
Day 13: A Day at Minim

Hallway from entrance to employee workspaces. As you can see, I barely have my own space. I work on the side of people's desks. Yep.

04
Day 13: A Day at Minim

My favorite area. Small hallway/room that connects main employee workspaces with the two bosses' offices.  Click to see intimidating bosses (they look a bit pretentious and devil-wears-prada status, but I think they're pretty nice).

05
Day 13: A Day at Minim

Boss office.

06
Day 13: A Day at Minim

Printer/plotter/supplies room.

07
Day 13: A Day at Minim

Long corridor. The room to the right are where the architects work. There are only two in the whole office :(

08
Day 13: A Day at Minim

Break room. I get water, coffee, or tea here. The cupboard is pretty high-tech and cool. ..... that's it.

09
Day 14: More Minim

Even the bathroom is a little pretentious. It's way too dark in there. I barely even wanted throw any trash in the fabric trash can because there was nothing in it. I wasn't even sure whether it was a trash can or for the spoiled hand towels.
Day 14: More Minim

What do you think?

10
Day 15: Minim and Hotel Omm

This building is across the street.  I was curious to see what it was so I went to check it out.  It ended up being a hotel with these peeling exterior walls that open up balconies for the rooms.  Interesting aesthetic.  Functionality?  Not quite sure..

The office is located in a very central location (intersections of Gràcia and Diagonal) so I'm pretty excited to check out the rest of the area.. although most of attractions nearby are high-end stores.. so maybe not.

I'm excited to take advantage of my free afternoons to do more touristy things during the weekdays when  there are less people around.  I also want to spend afternoons in the Mediterranean and getting tan 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment