Sunday, August 1, 2010

valencia and my last moments with bcn.

Day 36:
Somehow woke up after one hour of sleep and made my way to work just fine.  Daydreamed about Armin until I got off work, then met Cherilyn up at Plaza Catalunya for some *us* time :).  Gelato always fixes everything!  Later that night, I went out to dinner with Montse, Toni, and Andreu for a nice dinner together near the water.  We talked about the most random things and I came to realize how comforting it was to have them around this whole time in Barcelona.  Then I knocked out in the car ride home, packed my bags for Valencia, got ready for yet another weekend trip.

Day 37:
Day 37: Valencia's Old Town and an adventure in the rain
Day 37: Valencia's Old Town and an adventure in the rainDay 37: Valencia's Old Town and an adventure in the rainDay 37: Valencia's Old Town and an adventure in the rain

Cherilyn, Donny, the Garcias, and I arrived in Valencia and found our hotel, which was in a bit of a sketch area, but the hotel itself was quaint.  Valencia immediately surprised me.  I had no idea what the atmosphere of the city would be.. and I'm not sure what I even expected.  But I also immediately loved the old city!  It was full of baroque architecture and little nooks and corners to discover.
Day 37: Valencia's Old Town and an adventure in the rain
Agua de Valencia.  Basically just watered down orange juice..
Day 37: Valencia's Old Town and an adventure in the rain Day 37: Valencia's Old Town and an adventure in the rain
Later on, we were wandering to find the nightlife zone, but got caught in a huge thunderstorm.  We acted like ninjas and ran from shelter to shelter and finally just settled for a random cerveceria along the road.  Of course it stopped raining completely when we got there.  Just one example of my bad luck here in Spain.

Day 38:
Day 38: La Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias de Valencia
Day 38: La Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias de Valencia Day 38: La Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias de Valencia Day 38: La Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias de Valencia Day 38: La Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias de Valencia Day 38: La Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias de Valencia
Day 38: La Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias de Valencia Day 38: La Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias de Valencia Day 38: La Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias de Valencia Day 38: La Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias de Valencia Day 38: La Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias de Valencia
Spent the entire day at La Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias!  It was a strange place, I have to say.  It was kind of in the middle of nowhere and seriously was kind of like a city of its own.  Of course I was mostly there just to *experience* the architecture, so I wasn't too surprised that the content within the museums weren't so fab.  The aquarium was alright - kind of like a run-down marine world..but I liked the beluga whales!  So peaceful to watch them swim around.  And also kind of depressing.  Save the animals! :(  Later that night we went on a prowl for horchata and had a pretty funny night..ha!  I'm really sad I didn't get to catch the museum by night though.  Missed a good photo opp :(

Day 39:
Day 39: More wandering in Valencia; 100 Mondaditos!
Day 39: More wandering in Valencia; 100 Mondaditos! Day 39: More wandering in Valencia; 100 Mondaditos! Day 39: More wandering in Valencia; 100 Mondaditos!
Woke up at 8 to take look at the beach!  Didn't get much time, the sand was amazing!  I wish I had more time to spend there.. afterwards went back to explore the old town and tried 100 Mondaditos (thanks Nicole!!).  SO CHEAP!  A good idea for a restaurant.  Later took a bus back home and arrived with a sore throat.

Day 40:
Day 40: 20th Annual European Athletic Championships Opening Ceremony at Montjuic
Day 40: 20th Annual European Athletic Championships Opening Ceremony at MontjuicDay 40: 20th Annual European Athletic Championships Opening Ceremony at MontjuicDay 40: 20th Annual European Athletic Championships Opening Ceremony at Montjuic
The 20th Annual European Athletic Championships Opening Ceremony was held in Barcelona this year!  I was sick and didn't feel like going at all, but I'm glad I ended up being a part of yet another huge event in the city.  Montjuic is so beautiful, and I'm sad I wasn't able to get a seat up-close to the fountain but I'm sure it was amazinggg.  It was also cool to run into more stoods people!

Day 41:
Day 41: Sagrada Família
Day 41: Sagrada FamíliaDay 41: Sagrada Família
Finally visited the Sagrada Família again.  It doesn't look like it has changed since the last time I visited (2 years ago..).  The completion year is approximately 2040..How ridiculous.

Day 41: Sagrada Família Day 41: Sagrada Família
Also visited La Biblioteca de la Sagrada Família.  It was a nice library but I didn't like the design of the interior very much.

---

OKAY.  I am missing a few days.  Will finish later when I have uploaded all my photos.  And when I have time.  The past few days have been way too hectic for me.  I'm extremely exhausted and tired, mentally and physically.  But I am alive.  No matter how much bad luck I have here (don't even want to talk about it), I just have to keep going.  More later, folks.

2 comments:

  1. you tan! PHINALLY. also, i saw you have a tag called "robbery" how saaaad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i felt like commenting again since i don't have a flicker acount i will say it here! I like ur picture of you next to the architecture next to the swimming pool looking thing! so inspired to go to spain now

    ReplyDelete