Thursday, June 17, 2010

Arrival, Settling, Cats

I'm safe!

The flights went surprisingly smoothly.  Although... I completely forgot I wasn't flying Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong, which always has individual screens on each seat.  American Airlines was definitely a step down, as they only had screens in the isles and only played one movie: Tooth Fairy.  Yeah, didn't watch that.  Basically I just slept and read the entire time.  It went by pretty quickly..and suddenly, I'm here in Barcelona!

Staying with Toni and Montse is truly a gift, and I can't thank them enough for their endless hospitality.  The room I'm staying in is way better than I ever expected.  It's a cute loft/attic room - very quaint!  Their cat, Chii, and her feline friend from next door are a wonderful addition to the home.  Everything in this apartment is just cute.  The shower must be three times smaller than the standard American standing shower (I'll test it out later tonight).  Overall, I really like this place.

Today consisted of unpacking, settling, charging up my cell phone (thanks Nicole!), getting a 10-use metro ticket, making a stop at a store with Andreu, and eating a late lunch with him and Montse.  Now I'm just in my room, feeling the food coma and jetlag catching up to me, and I'm wondering if I should take a nap.  Tomorrow I hope to meet up with Bernadette and explore the city together.

This is kind of surreal.  I feel like I'll be back at home in a few days and I won't have to force myself to speak Spanish anymore.  But I must accept it sooner or later!  After all, this will be my home for the next six weeks.

Can't wait to start the internship on Monday!

1 comment: